The Legends Slot Race July 27, 2024
The 2023 Legends Slot Race at Rockin' The Prairie is designed to showcase
talented horses and riders in an adrenaline, action packed barrel race.
With only 30 slots available to purchase, you have a 1 and 6 odds of placing and no other barrel/slot race, currently going, has that opportunity!
Competitors will have a chance to run for a total payout of $30k . The champion will take home an estimated $11K!
HOW IT WORKS
ANYONE can purchase a slot. Slot owners do not need to be competitors and can find their competitor to compete or compete themselves. How you wish to play is totally up to you and your prospective jockey. For those competitors with sponsors or looking for sponsors, here is an opportunity to have them purchase a slot with potential financial return! Or, if you, yourself and a few others wish to partner up and “make a deal” GO FOR IT! You do not need to declare your rider until May 28, 2023. Riders selected will be auctioned off in a Calcutta prior to the race, giving another opportunity to “hedge your bet”!
What does it cost and what does it pay?
30 entries maximum for $1050.00 per slot
1st $ 11,100.00 37%
2nd $ 7,800.00 26%
3rd $ 5,100.00 17%
4th $ 3,300.00 11%
5th $ 2,700.00 9%
This event will be electrifying and can be financially lucrative!
It is your responsibility to read and understand the following rules. Not understanding rules, misunderstanding rules, not following rules, missed deadline, or any event causing issue may result in said slot(s) becoming void. Should you have any questions on the following rules and regulations please contact email@example.com
The Legends Race at the Rockin’ the Prairie is a slot race format, paying on the fastest times. This is a limited event with only 30 slots being sold. In 2023, each slot is $1050, which includes the administration fees and arena fees. The owner of the slot is the one who is named as owner upon purchase of the slot. The slot owner can decide who runs in their slot, it can be themselves or someone they choose to represent them/their business. Owners also have the option to rent out their slot for the year and retain ownership pending they renew the following year. Riders do not have to be named until May 28, 2023.
Legends Slot Race Rules and Format
1. The Legends Slot Race will be held on the evening of June 3rd, 2023 at the Prairieland Park Ag Center in Saskatoon, SK.
2. Western dress code will be required, jeans, boots, long sleeved shirt (no shirts with hoods), and cowboy hat or helmet.
3. The event will pay out on the fastest runs, it will not be a divisional race.
4. Contestants will be provided adequate time to enter the arena. However, if you are not in the arena and you are called 3 times you forfeit your run and entry, no refunds. Call will be made by the arena director and will be final.
5. There will be 3 horses in the waiting area at once. If you are not in the waiting area when the gates are closed for that group to start you will not be let in and will forfeit your run, no refunds will be granted.
6. Rakes will be after every 3 contestants on the draw. Turnouts will not alter the rake schedule.
7. If horse falls, no re-run will be granted. Every effort will be made to provide safe and even ground for all contestants.
8. The event will be timed by electric eye to the thousandth of a second. In the event of timer failure, the contestant will be given a re-run at the end of the order and will be given a normal rake prior to the re-run, no prior penalty will apply.
9. In the event a barrel is not placed properly on its markers a re-run shall be granted. No prior penalty will apply to the re-run. This incorrect placement must be confirmed by the arena director.
10. Any knocked down barrel will result in five (5) second penalty. Contestants may touch the barrel. If the length side of a barrel touches the ground (60% or more of the length) and bounces back to an upright position, it is considered knocked down.
11. If a barrel is rubbed or moved off the maker it will be readjusted prior to the next run.
Contestants can request a barrel to be reset before their run.
12. A broken pattern will result in a no time. This is defined as backward movement from the horse after crossing the electric eye, any crossing (or re-tracking) of the standard cloverleaf pattern, refusal to move forward or stopping. Incomplete pattern, crossing the electric eye at any time prior to the completion of the pattern, or if the horse falls in such a manner that pattern is broken.
13. Contestants, who receive a no time, may complete the pattern. However, the announcer may ask contestant to leave if schooling or excessive time is used.
14. If the announcer announces the draw incorrectly and a contestant runs out of draw order the run will be counted. If a contestant runs out of order (notwithstanding any announcement) the run will be disqualified (for completing a run out of draw order). Sole responsibility of the contestant to know their order.
1. There will be a maximum of 30 slots available for the 2023 Legends Slot Race.
2. Current Slot owners have until February 1, 2023 to renew their slot (payment and renewal form need to be received by end of day February 1 or the slot will be revoked)
3. There is no limit on the number of slots a business/person/group can own.
4. Slot owners have until Sunday May 28, 2023 to declare the rider that will be running in the slot to make the program.
5. NO changes will be allowed after 12:00PM CST on June 3rd, 2023.
6. Slots may be purchased by a business or individual(s).
7. Each slot purchase entitles the slot owner to one (1) run within the random draw. The slot owner may choose to run in the event themselves or to rent, gift, or sponsor the slot to someone else.
8. Prize money will be paid to the slot owner unless the event producer receives written notice from the slot owner that the rider is to be paid. The producer is not responsible for any dealings between the original slot owner and the slot rider and/or renter.
9. Once any payment (even partial) for the slot has occurred there is no refund. The producer will not refund your monies, as this is payment for ownership of the slot. Anyone can use the slot and owners are thereby responsible to sell any unused slots they may obtain.
10. If you purchase a slot from Rockin’ the Prairie you own it for the next year (pending your payment), unless otherwise specified by the producer. If you purchase your slot from someone else, they retain slot ownership unless they contact the producer stating they have sold the ownership of their slot, not rented it.
11. Slot owners from 2022 will be given the opportunity to renew their slot for 2023, prior to slot sales opening to the public. Slots not renewed by the renewal deadline, will be available to the public.
13. The Rockin’ the Prairie Producer reserves the right to edit the event format/structure if necessary, prior to slots being sold for the upcoming year’s event. Any changes made will be posted.
14. The Producer reserves the right to make amendments to rules due to changes in any COVID regulations or unprecedented events. This would include an alternate event location or date.
15. The Rockin’ the Prairie Producer withholds the right to revoke ownership of a slot, at any time for:
❖ Events arising from missed payments
❖ Events arising from abuse or misconduct
❖ Legal events or issues
16. If for any reason the event is unable to sell a minimum of 25 slots, The Rockin’ the Prairie Producer reserves the right to refund all entry fees, minus a $5.00 hold back to cover the banking costs and revoke all slot ownership. The event would then be cancelled in its entirety or re-vamped. Adequate notice will be given should this occur.
Legends Slot Race Payout
1. $1000.00 of the slot purchase price will be paid out, $50.00 will be used to cover facility, personnel, awards, and event setup costs. This also includes a time only and arena time prior to the slot race.
2. If all 30 slots are sold, this will result in a total payout of $30,000.00
3. Payout will be to the fastest 5 times, there will not be any divisions.
4. Should a tie occur where monies are involved, the monies between those places will be added together and will be divided equally among the tied contestants. Should the tie occur for 5th place, the monies for that placing will be split evenly.
5. Payout will be by cheque at the event, roughly 30 minutes after the completion of the competition. Reissued cheques will have a $30 fee applied to cover the stop cheque on the original issued cheque. No cheques will be reissued after 6 months, all cheques not cashed after 6 months of being issued will be void.
6. Minimum cash payout for the event to be possible will be set at $25,000.00, which is equivalent of 25 slots.
7. If slots are not sold out (but over the 25-slot minimum), payout will be adjusted accordingly based on the number of slots sold.
8. Should all 30 slots sell, payout will be as follows:
1st $ 11,100.00 37%
2nd $ 7,800.00 26%
3rd $ 5,100.00 17%
4th $ 3,300.00 11%
5th $ 2,700.00 9%
9. Should only the minimum of 25 slots sell, payout will be as follows:
1st $ 9,250.00 37%
2nd $ 6,500.00 26%
3rd $ 4,250.00 17%
4th $ 2,750.00 11%
5th $ 2,250.00 9%
10. In the case of a tie for prizes, the winner of the prize will be determined by a coin flip. (Example: Tie for 2nd place, will result in a coin flip, winner of the flip will receive the 2nd place prize, the other contestant in the tie would receive the 3rd place prize)
❖ Number of prizes will be posted once all sponsorship is confirmed.
Conduct and Behaviour
1. Verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated. Anyone using foul language or otherwise abusing personnel or committee members will be disqualified from the event with no reimbursement of fees, and may be banned from future events run by the Producer.
2. Physical abuse of horses will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification from the event Producer with no reimbursement of fees, and may be banned from future events run by the Producer.
1. In 2023, 30 slots will be sold at a fee of $1050.00 per slot.
2. Only the following payment methods will be accepted:
❖ E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org Password legends
❖ Cheque: Cheques payable to “Rockin the Prairie” Box 275 Vibank, SK S0G 4Y0
❖ PayPal (a 4% fee will be applied to any PayPal payments to cover PayPal cost)
*Contact the event producer to have an invoice sent before paying with PayPal
3. The following two payment schedule options will be available:
1. Pay the entire fee of $1050.00 by one of the 3 approved methods listed above by
Wednesday, February 1, 2023. Mailed cheques must be post marked by January 31, 2023.
2. Pay the $1050.00 in 4 payments using any of the 3 approved methods listed above. Payment due dates using the payment plan:
1st Payment $300.00 – Due February 1, 2023
2nd Payment $250.00 – Due March 1, 2023
3rd Payment $250.00 – Due April 1, 2023
4th Payment $250.00 – Due May 1, 2023
Any payment made by cheque must be postdated before the due date.
*Slot owners may pay off their remaining balance/payments a head of schedule if they desire.
4. Slot owners who do not send the required payment by the due date(s) listed on the payment schedule will forfeit their spot to the next person/business on the waiting list. Any fees already paid will not be reimbursed and will go towards sponsorship/awards.
5. If a slot becomes available after a payment due date, it will be offered to the next person/business on the wait list for the full slot price of $1050. They will be required to catch up to the payment schedule and continue to follow it for the remaining payments. This may mean the full payment could be due at the time the slot is offered to them, in the instance it is after May 1st.
Slot Renewals open January 2, 2023
$300 Due February 1, 2023
$250 Due March 1, 2023
$250 Due April 1, 2023
$250 Due May 1, 2023
Payment can be sent in full by February 1st or paid off in 4 payments as shown above.
Copyright © 2023 Rockin the Prairie - All Rights Reserved.